About our school
At Destinations Career Academy of Georgia (GADCA), your child can learn in the ways that are right for them—at home, on the road, or wherever there's an internet connection. But the benefits of online school extend far beyond convenience and can make a big difference for your student.
Benefits of Online Schooling with GADCA
While the benefits of a personalized education experience will be different for each student, some of the main advantages GADCA families enjoy are as follows:
- Public school at home empowers families to control their school environment.
- Students work at their own pace, adjusting the amount of time they spend on topics based on their rate of understanding.
- Online school allows families to balance learning with other commitments such as work, extracurricular activities, or family responsibilities.
- Learning online helps students expand their understanding as students from various backgrounds come together in virtual classrooms to exchange ideas and perspectives.
- Online learning hones digital literacy skills, a crucial competence in the modern workforce.
GADCA at a Glance
Open to full-time Georgia residents in grades 6–12*
Dynamic, mastery-based K12 curriculum
Middle school career exploration courses
Career and College Prep for grades 6–12*
Comprehensive support from Georgia-certified teachers
Virtual and in-person student and career-focused clubs
Industry certification exam preparation**
Honors and AP® courses
At Destinations Career Academy of Georgia, we believe kindness is a key part of creating a safe learning environment. Join other students and families across the nation in spreading kindness every day. To learn more about our Be Kind 365 campaign, be sure to follow, like, and subscribe to our social media channels.
The Support You and Your Student Need
Our state-certified teachers are committed to helping your family succeed with online learning. They provide instruction and support as your child works through the curriculum. And they keep the lines of communication open through:
You'll also receive textbooks and other hands-on materials right to your door! Offline materials complement interactive elements of GADCA’s virtual lessons and vary by grade and course level.
Get answers to the most common FAQs.
READY TO JOIN US?
Get the process started by creating a Parent Portal account or logging in to your existing account.
*Destinations Career Academy of Georgia will enroll students in grades 6–8 for the 2022–2023 school year. We will add one additional grade per year until we serve all grade levels from 6–12.
**Many Microsoft®️ Office certificates can be earned after completing one course. Other certificates require more classes to be better prepared, and students who participate in the program for at least two years will have further preparation for certification testing.