Health and Human Services
Make a Difference
What if high school was all you needed to get started on your dream job? Many healthcare careers don't require a college degree. You can begin making a difference sooner than you thought!
Which pathways are offered?*
Therapeutics Pathway—The careers in these pathways are focused primarily on changing the health status of the patient over time. Health professionals work directly with patients and may provide care, treatment, counseling, and health education information.
Health Informatics Pathway—This pathway includes health care administrators who manage health care agencies. It also includes individuals responsible for managing all patient data and information, financial information, and computer applications related to health care processes and procedures.
Diagnostics Pathway—Careers in the Diagnostic Services pathway use tests and evaluations that aid in the detection, diagnosis, and treatment of diseases, injuries, or other physical conditions.
Support Services Pathway—Careers in the Support Services pathway provide a therapeutic environment for the delivery of health care. Support Services offers a full range of career opportunities from entry level to management, including technical and professional careers.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?**
From healthcare to teaching, give your student the tools they need to move forward in a career helping others. With Stride Career Prep, students get exposure to a breadth of different options in healthcare and education, learning how to serve others and gaining skills to enter the workforce.
Some of the jobs include:
- Admitting Clerk
- Advanced Practical Nurse
- Athletic Trainer
- Certified Nurse Assistant
- High School Teacher
- Licensed Practical Nurse
- Medical Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
What is the salary outlook?**
Salaries vary depending on the job, experience, and location but approximate sample salaries include:
- Athletic Trainer–$48,440/year
- High School Teacher–$61,660/year
- Medical Assistant—$34,800/year
- Medical and Health Services Manager—$100,980/year
- Registered Nurse—$73,300/year
Which industry-recognized certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- The National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) Dental Assisting Exam
- NOCTI Therapeutic Services
- NOCTI Diagnostic Services
- Dental Assistant National Board (DANB) National Entry Level Dental Assistant (NELDA®)
- National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) Certified Personal Trainer
- National Healthcareer Association (NHA) Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA)
- NHA Certified Phlebotomy Technician
- NHA EKG Technician
- AAPC Certified Professional Coder
- AAPC Certified Coding Specialist—Physician Based
- ISCA Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
- ACT National Career Readiness Certification (NCRC)
*Destinations Career Academy of Georgia will enroll students in grades 6–8 for the 2022–2023 school year. We will add one additional grade per year until we serve all grade levels from 6–12.
**Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. Website last modified date: Friday, April 9, 2021. Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school.