Career And College Prep
The Future Is Now
Technology skills are in demand—and no longer confined to a single industry. Are you ready to explore all the places IT skills can take you?
Which pathways are offered?
Programming—This pathway prepares students to design, develop, implement, and maintain computer systems and software, requiring knowledge of computer operating systems, programming, markup languages (JAVA, Python, C++, HTML5/CSS), and software development.
Web & Digital Design—Businesses are always looking for ways to make their digital presence stand out and employees who can bring their vision to life. This pathway prepares students to design and produce interactive multimedia products and services. A web and digital communication path can set them up for web developer or graphic designer positions.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
- Web developer
- Graphic designer
- 3D animator
- Applications software developer
- Computer programmer
- Game developer
- Multimedia producer
- Network and computer systems administrator
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school.
What could my future look like in this career field?**
**Data is from Lightcast and is updated frequently.
Which industry-recognized, in-demand certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) in Web Authoring using Adobe Dreamweaver
- Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) in Graphic Design & Illustration using Adobe Illustrator
- ACT National Career Readiness Certification (NCRC)
- Certiport in:
- National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) Computer Programming